Midland Cairn Terrier Club Championship Show
5th December 2009
Cairn Terrier- Judge Geir Flyckt Pederson
DCC & BIS Catto’s Ch. Nor/Fin/Dan/Swed Ch Birselaw Billy Fury
RDCC & RBIS; Pollock’s Ch Larchlea Licence To Thrill At Stanedykes
BCC & BOS; Short’s Glenchess Cut The Mustard
RBCC Clarke’s Conundrum Sweeter For Me For Lentrica
Best Puppy; Inett’s Carradine Crackaway Jack
Best Veteran; Catto’s Ch. Nor/Fin/Dan/Swed Ch Birselaw Billy Fury
DCC & BIS Ch. Nor/Fin/Dan/Swed Ch Birselaw Billy Fury, Yvonne Catto, Jim Pollock, RDCC & RBIS Ch Larchlea Licence To Thrill At Stanedykes, Judge Geir Flyckt Pederson, Elaine Short, BCC & RBIS Glenchess Cut The Mustard
DCC & RDCC
BCC & RBCC
BPD & BPIS, BPB
Class 1 Veteran Dog or Bitch (7 years & over) 13 entries
5. Ch Cloverbrook Loaded Dice 61. Cornton Ruadh
a 13 Skimmerton Symphony of Casmhor 66. Ch Stradivarius Sonata
15. Ch. Nor/Fin/Dan/Swed Ch Birselaw Billy Fury 102. Glenchess Gold Myrtle
a 26. Glenrood Magic Pipit 116. Seveek Country Rambler to Svendalens
a 45. Sandaig Suilean Dubh 119. Ch Shearwater Cae de Sonhas WW02
46. Doonrae Virtuoso 124. Tribannon Cristal Blue
47. Doonrae Youthfulness
1st...15... 2nd..5 3rd..102 Res 116 VHC..119.…
Class 2 Minor Puppy Dog 4 entries
39. Carradine Crackaway Jack 87. Cannwood Stop Press
78. Winetta Sir Percy NAF 89. Lindcoly Man He’s Trouble NAF
1st....39 2nd....78 3rd...89 Res...87...
Class 3 Puppy Dog 2 entries
A 8. Milindack What News Watson 89. Lindcoly Man He’s Trouble NAF
Class 4 Junior Dog 6 entries
43. Hydecastle Norman 72. Tweedisle That Lone Guy
48. Seveek Dare Devil 99. Cherrycrack Blackadder
59. Glenmear Marauder 106. Elitecharm Dream Boy
1st....43 2nd....99 3rd.....59 Res....72 VHC…106..
Class 5 Maiden Dog 1 entry
90. Lindcoly Dark Enterprise
Class 6 Novice Dog 4 entries
62. Birselaw Badgers Hope For Cornton. 114. Retacy Blazing Desert
91. Lindcoly Can We Fix It
95. Brenndarcy Trouble At Mill
1st....95 2nd....91 3rd....62 Res....114. VHC…..
Class 7 Graduate Dog 4 entries
23. Tweedisle Stargazer 125. Spirebrooke Dawn Raider
52. Tyreece’s Tricks 120. Cloverbrook Ray of Sunshine over Shearwater
1st...120 2nd..125.. 3rd....52.. Res....23
Class 8 Post Graduate Dog 9 entries
31. Cairngold Spin of The Wheel a 68. Strathinver Such A Star
35. Cannwood Zipper at Thackeston 73. Tweedisle Krazy Koot
44. Spawyche Elizabethan Onyx a 86. Mosspur Licensed To Thrill
49. Maximal Between Deams with Seveek 121. Vanajam Dirty Dancing
53. Carradine Night Listener at Harkinleigh
1st...44 2nd....31 3rd.....35 Res....121 VHC...49…
Class 9 Limit Dog 8 entries
2. Maximal Tinkers Moon 101. Glenchess All In The Stars
57. Fieldron Call My Bluff at Linacrelads 105. Rocasovale Razzle Dazzle
a 58. Strathgarten Crackerjack 107. Uniquecottage Ring Plover
74. Tweedisle Guy Mannering 110. Twohoots Barnabas JW
1st....105 2nd...101 3rd...74 Res...107 VHC...2…
Class 10 Open Dog 7 entries
32. Cairngold Cosmonaut 112. Ch Larchlea Time To Entertain
a 41. Ch Noncom Inett Tu Winnit with Carradine JW 122. Vanajam Pop Idol
60. Zalazar Unzipped! At Starveren (Imp Dnk) 52. Tyreece’s Tricks
84. Ch Larchlea Licence To Thrill at Stanedykes
1st..84... 2nd....60 3rd...122 Res...112 VHC..32.…
Class 11 Special Beginners Dog 6 entries
54.Carradine Maybe The Moon at Harkinleigh a 86. Mosspur Licensed To Thrill
23. Tweedisle Stargazer 116. Seveek Country Rambler to Svendalens
52 Tyreece’s Tricks 125. Spirebrooke Dawn Raider
23 Tweedisle Stargazer
1st....116 2nd.....125 3rd....23 Res......54 VHC….23
Class 12 Minor Puppy Bitch 10 entries
16. Birselaw Any Dream Will Do 50. Seveek Aprils New Dream
18. Cairngrove Kinky Boots 63. Cornton Reay
29. Landbuck Scrumptious 79. Winetta Miss Independand
34. Cannwood Remember Holly 92. Lindcoly I’m Breaking Out NAF
40. Carradine Come On Irene 115. Stryveling Polly Flinders
1st....40 2nd...16 3rd...92 Res...29 VHC....34..
Class 13 Puppy Bitch 4 entries
9. Milindack Miss Marple 82. Doonrae Joie de Vivre
75. Tweedisle Pillow Dream 93. Lindcoly Simply Irresistible
1st....82 2nd....75 3rd.....9 Res.....93.
Class 14 Junior Bitch 9 entries
A 3. Sybster Sonja 103. Glenchess Mitsoukou
19. Lentrica Who’s The Daddy 108. Elitecharm Brindle Beauty
a 22 Carocairn Spice Queen 113. Larchlea Can’t Remember
a 76. Tweedisle Silver Lady 117. Svendalens Crazy Diamond
a 100. Rasken’s Rich Baroness Imp Swe
1st...113 2nd...117 3rd......19 Res...103 VHC..108.…
Class 15 Maiden Bitch 4 entries
6. Cloverbrook Here I Come 63. Cornton Reay
80. Winetta My Kind of Girl 93. Lindcoly Simply Irresistible
1st...6 2nd...80 3rd....63 Res....93..
Class 16 Novice Bitch 4 entries
10. Noncome Lucy Locket 81. Winetta Special Delivery
12. Little Miss Tonka a 97. Cloverbrook Cream O’ The Crop at Eborvale
1st....81 2nd...12 3rd...10... Res......
Class 17 Graduate Bitch 11 entries
1. Luvemal Cherry Bea a 36. Maridale Lunar Mission
4. Newfield Dawn Spirit a 69. Starthinver Sheenagh
7. Cloverbrook Xtra Factor 88. Cannwood Danish Affair
11. Noncom Miss Hat He Chewed 126. Spirebrooke Morning Glory
24. Trekhilli Piccallilli JW a 3. Sybster Sonja
a 27. Glenrood Warrior Princess
1st....88 2nd....7 3rd...4 Res......1 VHC....126..
Class 18 Post Graduate Bitch 12 entries
A 14. Casmhor Peader’s Mianorla 85. Noncom Mad Madam Mimm at Rosenez
a 37. Maridale Monopoly 94. Lindcoly Star Turn
64. Cornton Eileanach 96. Brenndarcy Button It JW
65. Carradine Sapphire at Spawyche 109. Elitecharm Only Girl
70. Copseleaze Miss Bagpipes 111. Twohoots Martha
a 77.Empress Thistle at Tweedisle 118. Svendalens Lucky in Love
1st...... 118 2nd....96 3rd......65 Res......70 VHC....94..
Class 19 Limit Bitch 12 entries
a17. Birselaw Bewitched a 56. Woodthorpe Rosemary N’ Thyme
20. Conundrum Sweeter For Me For Lentrica JW ShCM a 71. Cloverbrook Commotion
a 28. Glenrood Forever Topps 83. Cairngold Gunning For Gold with Doonrae
38. Maridale Space Odyssey 98. Eborvale Enchantress
51. Seveek The Mystery of Dreams 123. Vanajam Leading Lady
55.Curtisey Foreign Account with Carradine 127. Larchlea Spirit in The Sky
1st...20 2nd...55 3rd...123 Res....83 VHC....127
Class 20 Open Bitch 9 entries
21. Tanteazle Tiger Lily For Lentrica 67. Ch Birselaw Firebird of Stradivarius
a 25. Orior Along Came Polly 104. Glenchess Cut The Mustard
30. Ch Landbuck Jazz Hands 128. Larchlea Light My Fire
33. Cairngold Candlelight a 14. Casmhor Peader’s Mianorla
42. Ch Noncom Minnie The Minx at Carradine
1st......104 2nd....42 3rd......67 Res.....30 VHC...…21
Class 21 Special Beginners Bitch 5 entries
12. Little Miss Tonka 117. Svendalens Crazy Diamond
a 24. Trekhilli Piccallilli JW 126. Spirebrooke Morning Glory
70. Copseleaze Miss Bagpipes
1st...117 2nd....126 3rd....70 Res.....12 VHC...…
Class 22 Brace 4 entries
2nd Clarke’s Brace
res. Inett’s Brace
1st Ward’s Brace
3rd Warne’s Brace
Our Patron Milly Jennings awarding the trophies for L to R – BIS, RBIS, BOS, BPIS
MIDLAND CAIRN TERRIER CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 5. December 2009.
I was invited to judge this show while still living in England- and have looked forward to it ever since –and now that it is all over , I will rate it amongst my most pleasant and interesting judging experiences! The number of dogs and their quality was great !
President Jack Watson and wife Shirley deserve praise for the way they looked after us and made us feel welcome. As does secretary Linda Firth and her crew. And to top it all, my steward was that pro Philip Horspool assisted by the very pleasant and efficient Mrs J. Fairweather.
And what a sporting lot the exhibitors seemed to be- and thank you for the sporting ways my placings were received. All classes were applauded, which I think is so nice for the winners- and maybe even for the judge !
I love judging terriers, observing their character, temperament and curiosity for all that is happening around them. I am very pleased to say that I did not find a single dog shy or refusing handling! One or two dogs talked to me very discreetly, but as I have owned a couple of harmless “talkers” myself over the years, I don’t think they were serious about it !? 99% showed off their ears and expression when encouraged to do so, which is of major importance in all terrier breeds.
I did feel sorry for a few dogs whose performance let them down- and who probably could have done so much better with that little bit more ring-training ! I keep saying it is fairly easy to teach any dog to walk round the ring plus down and back in a straight line, on a lose lead ! And dogs, like people, look so much better and more impressive if they are confident and know what they are doing.
And why spend money on entries and travel if you have forgotten to properly lead-break your dog ? The old saying :”You only have one chance to make a first impression” is so true and worth remembering !!!!!!!
Another observation I found interesting: A number of dogs were rather dirty , but shown by people themselves perfectly turned out.
I wonder if many people still live by the old rule –that you cannot bath a terrier, which of course is so wrong . If you have the correct coat, use the right shampoo, luke warm water, keep an eye on the coat while it is drying (never blow-dry), you will find that within a couple of days the coat is back to its normal texture! The first few times you will probably have to do some extra trimming, but you will have a dog whose coat has life and lustre, who looks better- and is more pleasant for the judges as well as yourselves to handle.
And I am stupid enough to believe that the dog feels better- and if he feels better, he looks better !....and will probably do better in the show ring .
I believe all dogs were new to me and so were most exhibitors.
Veteran D/B 13 (3):
1 DCC & BIS Catto’s Ch. Nor.Swed.Fin.Dan.Ch Birselaw Billy Fury. This is certainly an exciting dog.8 yrs old. Excellent type, super outline , well constructed ,correct angulation, great head and expression, super neck, topline and tailset. I liked everything about him-has that stallion look about him and he showed off all his assets with style and confidence.
Reading the catalogue, I realize that he is not a bad sire either!!!.Congratulations
2. Braybrook’s Ch Cloverbrooks Loaded Dice. Another 8 yr old male of excellent type and size. Lovely head and expression, balanced neck, excellent topline and tailset.In great form , moved and showed well. Very much in the running for the final top awards along with his class-mate !
3. Short’s Glenchess Gold Myrtle.
1 and BPIS Inett’s Carradine Crackaway Jack Just over 6 mths of age. So well behaved and well trained ! Performing like a veteran ! Lovely type and size, good body and topline. To describe a puppy this age in detail is a waste of time- as so much will happen in the next few month, but he shows great promise and moved and showed so well.Lovely legs and feet , good bone . May I also mention , that this owner/handler showed a number of dogs during the day. ALL well trained and well presented. An example to follow !
2. Percy’s Winetta Sir Percy (NAF)
Nice puppy with a pleasing head and expression. Still very raw and inexperienced, but has lots to like about him.Good coat and his temperament is lovely.
3.Saich’s Lindcoly Man He’s Trouble
l.L Man He’s Trouble. An attractive dog who’s looking better every time he enters the ring ! Nice head, good neck and body for his age. Moved and showed better in this class. Lovely temperament.
JD 6 : 1.
Inett & Heideckers Hydecastle Norman, Very typy ,very masculine and rather mature looking for his age. I Liked his head and expression ,good ears, excellent topline and tail carriage, good bone, legs and feet. Well angulated front and aft . Moved and showed well.
2. Shoplands Cherrycrack Blackadder. This dog has an attractive head and outline. Good hindquarters and good coat.Moved very well from all angles and was well handled. Just needs to body up and mature to complete the picture.
3. Mear’s Glenmear Marauder.
Maiden D 1 :
1 Saich’ Lindcoly Dark Enterprise. Alone, but a nice type, pleasing head and expression. Excellent neck and topline. Move ok in front and from the side , but rather erratic behind. In good coat.
ND 4: 1
Shannon and Storr’s Brenndarcy Trouble At Mill. Quite a nice dog, pleasing head and expression. Standing looked very nice, also moved well. Well angulated both ends. Nice temperament.
2. Saich’ Lindcoly Can We Fix It. Another one who looked better the longer he was in the ring ! Nice head and expression, good ears, body and angulation. A little unsettled on the move, but with more routine he should do better.
3.Millers Birselaw Badgers Hope For Cornton
Grad D 4 : 1.
Wall’s Cloverbrook Ray of Sunshine over Shearwater. Lovely type and outline. Good head with lovely eyes and expression. Balanced neck, good body and good hindquarters.In good coat and condition. Moved and showed so well.
2.Warne’s Spirebrooke Dawn Raider. This dog is very well put together, has a nice head and expression. Good angulation both end and a good tailset. He moved well coming and going, but went rather reluctantly round the ring.
3.Kinchin’s Tyreece Tricks
PGD 9 (2): 1.
Inett & Moseley’s Spawyche Elisabethan Onyx. Brindle dog of excellent type who makes a nice overall picture, good head, excellent body and proportions. Well angulated, moved very well from the side and in front. Toes in a little behind. Excellent condition, moved and showed well.
2 Firth’ Cairngold Spin Of The Wheel Wheaten dog. Like him a lot. Excellent head and expression, good neck , excellent body with a good tailset. Good bone. Moved well round the ring. Very stylish.
3.Harlands Cannwood Zipper at Thackeston
LD 9 (1):
1. Smith’s Rocasovale Razzle Dazzle. Strong, masculine dog of excellent type, good head and expr. Good length of neck, excellent body and a good tailset. Well angulated both and shown in good coat and condition. Moved well from all angles. I see he is sired by the CC winner. Showed with character and temperament..
2. Short’s Glenchess All In The Stars. Another very attractive dog, excellent head and expr.Balanced neck and length of body. Excellent coat and presentation. Moved and showed well.
3. Peer’s Tweedisle Guy Mannering
OD 10 :
1 res CC and res BIS Pollock’s Ch Larchlea Licence To Thrill at Stanedykes. A very impressive dog from any angle. Well made, masculine head with a good expression excellent overall proportions, moved and showed well and was in good coat and condition. Lost to his sire in the challenge, but they should both be proud of each other.
2. Middlehurst’ Zalazar Unzipped! at Starveren. I found this dog really appealing and he certainly gave the winner a run for his money ! Lovely type and size.Good head with an ok expression. Very well constructed and put together. Moved with style, temperament and precision. Shown in perfect coat and condition. Very ably handled and presented.
3.Ward’s Vanajam Pop Idol.
Special Beginners D 6: 1 Waites Seveek Country Rambler to Svendalens. Nice dog with a pleasing head.Good neck ,body and bone. Good coat Moved ok. Good coat
2. Spirebrooke Dawn Raider
1. Inett’s Carradine Come On Irene.Very sweet and ultra feminine.I like her outline and overall balance.Good head,body and bone .Moved and showed so well for her young age.
2. Catto’s Birselaw Any Dream Will Do. When she first entered the ring, was playful and rather unsettled. But the longer she was in there the better she looked.Not much wrong with her and when she gets her act together should have a very bright future. Moved well and was full of lovely terrier character.
3.Saich’ Lindcoly I’m Breaking Out.
1. Petts Doonrae Joie de Vivre Very happy and outgoing. Feminine head, good length of neck, good body for her age and well angulated both ends. Moved and showed with style and temperament, which you would only expect with a name like hers.Very promising !
2.Peers Tweedisle Pillow Dream. Wheaten girl who has a pleasing head, good neck and she is altogether quite well put together, with adequate angulation. I wish she would show herself off with more temperament and enthusiasm, but with more experience should do better.
3.Brennan’s Milindack Miss Marple.
1.Templeton’s Larchlea Can’t Remember. Lovely dark brindle bitch who has an excellent head and expression. Good length of neck, excellent body and tailset.Good bone, well angulated front and aft. Moved and showed well. In excellent coat and condition. Liked her a lot.
2.Waites Svendalens Crazy Diamond . Very showy and charming little bitch who has a nice head and expression. Balanced neck, good topline, ample bone.Very sweet and attractive. Moved and showed so well.
3. Clarke’s Lentrica Who’s The Daddy
Maiden B 4:
1. Braybrookes Cloverbrook Here I Come.Very typical with a lovely head and expression.Good ears, neck and body. Her coat is of good texture. Full of life. Moved ok.
2. Percy’s Winetta My Kind of Girl. Nice bitch, fair head Good body, but would like better tailset.More coat would improve the overall picture. Moved and showed well.
3. Millers Cornton Reay
Novice B 4 (1):
1 Percy’s Winetta Special Delivery. Very sweet and attractive bitch, Balanced neck, excellent body and topline plus tail carriage. Good bone. Moved and showed very well . In good coat and condition.
2.Byrne’s Little Miss Tonka. Bitch of pleasing quality, her head is ok, but would like a stronger foreface. Moved ok . In good coat and condition
3.Burgin’s Noncom Lucy Locket
Grad B 11 (4): 1 Roberts Cannwood Danish Affair. Wheaten bitch with a lovely head and expression. Good length of neck, excellent body and topline.Well angulated. Good coat and condition. Moved and showed very well. Very appealing.
2.Braybrookes Cloverbrook Xtra Factor. A high-spitired brindle bitch, full of life. Nice head and expression. Balanced neck, good body and topline. Good tailset. Normal angulation .Lovely temperament. Moved well.
3.Bradshaws Newfield Dawn Spirit.
PGB 12 (3) :
1 Waites Svendalens Lucky In Love. Very showy, sweet and feminine. A good head with a typical expression and good ears. ok length of neck , good body and bone. In good coat and condition. Moved and showed well.
2. Shannon & Storr’s Brenndarcy Button It JW. Different type to 1, but still very attractive. She has a balanced neck, good body proportions, bone and she shows herself off so well. Moved well. Two lovely bitches.
3.Moseley’s Carradine Sapphire at Spawyche.
LB 12 (4):
1 and res CC Clarke’s Conundrum Sweeter For Me For Lentrica. This girl is certainly an eyecatcher. Lovely type and overall balance, excellent neck, topline .tailset and angulation. She was shown in excellent condition, moved and showed so well. Superb display of temperament and character, on her toes all the time- never putting a foot wrong. Loved her.
2.King, Leighton, Inett & Harrisons Curtisey Foreign Account with Carradine. Sounds as if she’s owned by a firm of solicitors !Good head and balanced neck. She is well put together and moved and showed well . In good form.
3.Ward’s Vanajam Leading Lady.
1 and CC Short’s Glenchess Cut The Mustard. A lovely, freemoving bitch who has an excellent outline and overall balance. Lovely head and expression, good neck and excellent length of back with a good tailset. Shown in good muscular condition and excellent coat. Lovely temperament. So typical and well presented.Was told this was her second CC. Good luck!
2.Inett & Harrison’s Ch Noncom Minnie the Minx at Carradine. Another excellent bitch who was a strong contender for the top honours. Excellent head and expression, well angulated. Moved round the ring with style and temperament. Very attractive and responding so well to her excellent handler !
3.Mundays Ch Birselaw Firebird of Stradivarius.
1. Svendalens Crazy Diamond. 2. Spirebrooke Morning Glory . Brindle girl who has lots to like about her.Looks good in profile going round the ring, but a little wide in front. Pleasing head, good coat and condition. Well handled.3. Copseleaze Miss Bagpipes.
1. Ward’s 2. Clarke’s 3. Warnes
Geir Flyckt-Pedersen (Judge)