Birmingham Dog Show
August 31st 2013
Judge Sally Latto (Pinetop)
DCC: Robinson’s Ch Cruzo
RDCC: Waites’ Svendalens Snow Knight
BCC: Thomas’s Ch Tycadno Starlet
RBCC: Dolan’s Ch Glenrood Masqerade
Best Puppy : Percy’s Winetta Sir Ivor - Shortlisted In Group
Best Breeder : Braybrook G2
DCC , Ch. Cruzo Bilbo Baggins, Gerry Robinson, Judge Sally Latto, BCC & BOB Ch Tycadno Starlet,
Geoff Thomas, Joan Percy, BPD & BPIB Winnetta Sir Ivor.
DCC, Alison Waites, RDCC Svendalens Snow Night
BCC & BOB, Sue Dolan, RBCC Ch Glenrood Masquerade
Vd (2 Entries) Abs: 0
Vb No Entries
Photos By Alan Firth
BIRMINGHAM CHAMPION DOG SHOW - CAIRN TERRIERS
Apologies for the delay. A few days after the Symposium I had an op. which didn’t go to plan so I spent a few extra days in hospital. On my return home I began the report then my computer crashed, it also has been in the PC World hospital for ten days. Hopefully nothing else will happen !!
Many thanks to the Birmingham Committee for their hospitality, also my two very efficient stewards, last but definitely not least the exhibitors for the excellent entry. The highlight of the day for me was the opportunity to get acquainted with all the Cairns.
Considering the entry as a whole, I felt quite depressed at the lack of real cairn heads and expression, surely the hallmark of the breed. Heads lacking stop accompanied by large round , sometimes prominent, eyes look totally foreign to me. Many had incorrect mouths from very small teeth to variations of a scissor bite. Presentation was excellent in many cases but head furnishings back combed and full of ‘product’ does rather detract from the varminty expression of a working cairn, apart from contravening K.C. rules and it is obviously cheating. There was more than a few with dirty smelly coats, a judge’s hands should not be literally black after handing show dogs.
I was looking for a cairn of medium size with typical head, correct natural coat and showing some animation, fortunately there were!
VD ( 2 entries)
1.Smith’s Ch. Rocasovale Razzle Dazzle., Well proportioned, masculine dog, good head and expression, harsh coat, moved freely.
2. Grainger’s Ch.Devil in Disguise. Well presented red in good coat, dark eye, good mouth, just preferred depth of brisket of 1.
Two very worthy champions
MPD (6: 2ab)
1 Percy’s Winetta Sir Ivor. Liked the outline of this wh.br. puppy, very nice head, dark eyes and points, would prefer a little more body on him but I’m sure this will come with maturity. Very promising. B.P.( shortlisted in puppy group)
2 Shannon & Storr’s Brenndarcy Limited Edition. Red shown in full coat, very typical head with dark eyes, shows all the time, preferred length of back and rear angulation of 1.
3 Vlieghe & Newton’s Marie’s Magic Moonraker.
PD (4: 1ab)
1 Mears Glenmear Magee.This big rangey red was shown in his vest, but did show off his good topline, tailset, legs and feet and good head, needs to body up, well up to size. Some ring training could be beneficial !!.
2 Goldfinch’s Franchaleal Itsallover at Kanawha. Very much smaller red shown in good coat, nice head,not quite balanced for me,moves well in front not so positive behind.
3 Drew’s Tycadno Thriller at L’Artiste.
JD (2 )
1 Waite’s Svendalens Snow Knight. Wh.. medium balance throughtout. Typical head enhanced with dark points and eyes. Well angulated front and rear, moves with real drive. Quality coat, on his toes, showing all the time. Pleasure to award him RCC.
2. Coffell’s Ometto I Am The One and Only. Red with nice head , well angulated front, correct coat, front movement good, not so positive behind.
GD. (6. 2ab)
1. Shannon Storr’s Brendarcy Borgen. Red of medium proportions, Good stop, dark eyes, harsh coat, well anglated front and rear, moved and handled well.
2 Kinchin’s Tyreece’s Tricks at Pennidazzle. Dark br. in exellent coat, typical head, moved soundly, a little too long in length to be correctly balanced.
PGD (6. 1. ab)
1 Bateman & Gompels’s Carradine Terries Tipple. Well balanced wh.br. super head and deep stop which gives him correct expression, good tail set, quality coat, well presented.
2. Miller’s Cornton Coulter. Red. br. really nice head, good stop, handles well on the table which shows in his good movement.
Just preferred the showmanship of 1.
3. Mikkelsen’s Wild Bill Hickok
LD (10.) Very nice class.
1. Catto’s Birslaw The Thrill Of It All. Quality wh.br. so well balanced, well angulated front and rear, which shows in his excellent movement. Correct size. Coat just on the blow. Showed well in his class but gave up in the challenge..
2 Byrne & Inett’s Carradine Brian the Lion. A beautifully presented dk.br. with lovely head and expression, anotjer correctly balanced cairn, sound throughout Although he moves very well, thought 1 just had the edge today.
3 Percy’s Winetta Stand and Deliver.
Three superb cairns.
.OD (8) Another quality class.
1. Robinson’s Ch. Cruzo Billbo Baggins. This wheaten impresses with his friendly attitude, he is well up to size, but has an impressive head complete with deep stop dark eyes and points. correct length of neck for his size, layback of shoulder and rear angulation. level top line and quality coat, moves with drive, beautifully presented, just asked for the CC. Competed strongly for BOB but I thought the bitch’s size was more compatible with the breed standard.
2. Braybrook’s Ch Cloverbrook Codebreaker. A very impressive dk. br. cairn. Superb head and expression, handles so well on the table , good angulation front and rear, quality coat and presented to perfection. Very close decision, thought 1 had the edge on movement and showmanship on the day.
3. Robert’s Ch Cannwood Cut Above. A worthy champion.
1. Keeves & Bennett’s Seveek Who Dares Wins . Medium sized brindle, pleasing head, coat short, today, straight topline and good tailset. Moved well.
2. Lamb & Saltmarsh’s Birslaw Fable. Very nice head with deep stop and neat ears. Tail a little low set moved OK but preferred the movement of 1
1. Gavaghan’s Doonrae Million Dollar Baby. This puppy’s round eyes spoiled the expression for me in an otherwise good head, with deep stop, and dark points. She is soundly constructed, with a pleasing front and good rear angulation. She is very charismatic and shows like a veteran.
2. McGrath’s Brenndarcy Cinnamon Girl. Red baby shown in good coat. Liked her head with dark eyes and neat ears, shows lots of promise, just preferred movement of 1 today.
PB (7. 1ab)
1. Osborn’s Tweslam Mystery of Magic. Wheaten, dark eye, good front angulation, well presented, woujld like a bit more body.moved OK.
2. Ball’s Tweslam Jazzing It Up at Calamondin. Wheaten, shown in full quality coat, liked her head and expression, just preferred movement of1.
3. Newton’s Brenndarcy Golden Girl
1. Felters & Rumens Landbuck Zanthe. Extrovert, wheaten, full of energy and showmanship ,a true cairn. Well angulated front and rear, good topline and tailset. moves with drive. Thought she may be one of the top winners, but looked immature against the older bitches in the challenge.
2. Smee’s Malmay Sunshine Sally. Brindle, lighter build than 1. Exellent head and expression, balanced and sound throughout, moved and showed well.
3 Soderwall & Dufwa’s Tribuns Famous House Of Dagmar.
1. Goud’s Vale of Atholl’s Bessie Mcintyre.Quality wh.br.of medium size, good head with dark eyes and points giving cairny expression. Well angulated front and rear, correct tail set, correct coat, moved well.
2. Percy’s Winetta Unforgettable . Grey br. with lovely head. dark eyes and points and true expression. front and rear pleasing angulations, moved well. Only just preferred the balance of 1
3. Harrison’s Carradine Eva Either
1. Keeves Seveek Living The Dream. Harsh coated red , liked her head and expression, good all round medium cairn, moved well
2. Osborn’s Tweslam Thistle Be Magic. Very typical red with good angulation and coat, would prefer a little more stop. free mover.
3. Pett’s Doonrae Lexicon of Love.
1. Bateman & Inett’s Carradine In Love With Amy..Wh.br. of medium proportions, very nice head, good topline, tailset, front and quarters, moved with drive, well presented.
2. Osterstrom’s Miketos Run For Success. Impresses with her lovely balanced outline, very sound, harsh coat, moved well Just preferred expression of 1
3 Dolan’s Castleline Peggy Sue.
1. Thomas’s Tycadno Starlet. Beautiful gr.br.of correct size with outstanding head and expression, correct angulation front and rear and sound throughout. Her attributes hidden under her correct profuse coat with dense undercoat, presented to perfection. Moved with drive. CC and BOB.
2. Dolan’s Glenrood Masqerade.Quality gr.br. with correct head and expression, lovely length of neck and straight topline, very sound throughout, harsh coat, well presented in top condition. moved very soundly. RCC.
3. Braybrook’s Cloverbrook Extra Factor.
Three very nice cairns.
1. Keeves Living The Dream.
2. Byrne’s Little Miss Tonka.
3. Laker’s Wizoz Miss Backchat
Breeder Class. Braybrook
Sally Latto Judge