It was an honour and a privilege to judge at the Midland Cairn Club championship show at Chesterfield. Overall I found the bitches better in depth and quality than the dogs.
Movement front and rear does not seem to be improving, some were straight in upper arm, but heads in general were better, a few had weak jaws, several mouths just made the scissor bite called for in the standard and uneven teeth were prevalent. Having said that I was very pleased with my main winners.
BIS was Ch Kinkim Prinz Ludy, quality dog all through, very good head, well balanced, in good coat and condition, moved very well. RBIS Gyncairn Dawn To Dusk, very sound quality bitch, lovely head and eye, level topline, nice reach of neck, good shoulders, correct front, legs and feet, good mover. BP Uniquecottage Dawn Lark, promising mature light red bitch, good overall balance, nice legs, feet and tailset, profuse jacket, moved and showed well. Would like a more feminine head.
MINOR PUPPY DOG (7-1)
1. WARD’S VANAJAM THE ALCHEMIST Promising Cream, pleasing head but short of furnishings, nice reach of neck & shoulders, level topline, tailset, moved and showed very well.
2. MEARS’ GLENMEAR MAC Lovely head and eye, nicely balanced, in good coat. Just preferred movement of 1 but with maturity that could alter.
3. PEER’S TWEEDISLE SUPER JEWEL
PUPPY DOG (4-1
1. CAMERON’ STRYVELING IVANHOE Promising red brindle, nice head & expression, straight front, good spring of rib. Would like more width to hindquarters.
2. FELTER & RUMENS’S LANDBUCK JACK IN THE COUNTRY Grey brindle, lovely head, nice neck, shoulders and topline, correct jacket, good tailset. Just preferred movement of 1.
3. WALL’S SHEARWATER SHINANEGAN.
JUNIOR DOG (6-2)
1. PARKER’S CONUNDRUM LOCHINVAR Would like this red brindle a shade bigger all round. Level topline, coarse jacket, moved and showed well.
2. SHORTER & NUTTALL’S SPAWYCHE ELIZABETHAN JET Lovely head & expression, good topline, tailset, correct coat. Lost on movement to 1.
3. BRAYBROOK’S CLOVERBROOK LOOK NO FURTHER
MAIDEN DOG (2-1)
1. STEPHINSON’S TWOHOOTS ADVENT OBERON Cream, requiring new jacket and maturity.
NOVICE DOG (5)
1. PARKER’S CLOVERBROOK COSMIC BUZZ Grey, lovely head and eye, could do with more neck & shade longer in back. In good jacket, moved and showed well.
2. SHARP’S DOONRAE DRAGOON Very good head, nice length of neck, good spring of rib, nice legs & feet. Have seen him show better, close decision.
3. WEEDALL’S CLAIREVONA YOUNG KENT
GRADUATE DOG (9-4)
1. CAMERON’S STRYVELING LORD OF THE ISLES Red brindle, nice head & eye, good reach of neck, nice legs and feet, well bodied, level topline, moved well. Needs new coat.
2. WEEDALL’S CLAIREVONA YOUNG KENT Pleasing head, eye, medium length of back, coat starting to go but of good texture.
3. HARRIS’S CLOVERBROOK CHECKMATE
POST GRADUATE DOG (8-3)
1. WILLIAMS’ BRANDARSAIG SCOTIA ROYAL Grey brindle, lovely head, eye, neat ears, good reach of neck, nice shoulders, correct length of back, good quarters, well balanced, moved well.
2. BRADSHAW’S TWESLAM MAGIC TIME Beautiful head, good stop. Not the balance of 1, would like more leg.
3. SHORTER AND NUTTALL’S CROYANDA COTTONSPINNER
LIMIT DOG (10)
1. RCC, PEER’S TWEEDISLE CROWN JEWEL Cream, quality extrovert dog, not small but an excellent showman, very good movement and drive. Lacked furnishings.
2. DIXON’S ROSSARDEN LAPHROAG Quality dog, nice neck, shoulders, level topline, tailset, good quarters and bend of stifle, moved and showed well.
3. McKINLAY’S DECHMONT COUNTRY YOKEL
OPEN DOG (8-1)
1. CC & BIS, BIRCH’S KINKIM PRINZ LUDY
2. FORMOSA & HARRISON’S CARRADINE HOT POTATO Quality red brindle, lovely head but would like better earset. Nice dark eye, good stop, reach of neck, level topline, correct tailset, showed well.
3. FELTERS & RUMEN’S LANDBUCK PRIMARY COLOURS
SPECIAL BEGINNERS DOG (6-1)
1. BRADSHAW’S TWESLAM MAGIC TIME
2. PARKER’S CLOVERBROOK COSMIC BUZZ.
3. SHARP’S DOONRAE DRAGOON
VETERAN DOG OR BITCH (14-5)
1. BRAYBROOK’S Ch CLOVERBROOK HONEY BEE Lovely head, ears, very good mouth, teeth which belied her age at over 10, still moved and showed very well, credit to her owner.
2. WARD’S Ch VANAJAM FORTUNE TELLER Good mouth and teeth, in super jacket, still has a good topline, really enjoyed herself, just over 8.
3. WEBSTER’S BINCAIRN BARRAGOOLA BOY
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (15-4)
1. BP, PARKER–TUCKER’S UNIQUECOTTAGE DAWN LARK.
2. OSBORN’S TWESLAM DOT COM Lovely head and ears, red brindle. Not as mature as 1, moved and showed well.
3. FORMOSA & HARRISON’S CURTISEY SALARMI
PUPPY BITCH (7-1)
1. MEARS’ ERDISLAND DELLA Lovely head, small ears, well balanced nice neck and shoulders, good quarters moved well.
2. WALL’S SHEARWATER SIOBHAN Promising grey brindle, very good head, nice shoulders, lost to 1 on movement.
3. WARD’S VANAJAM VIXEN
JUNIOR BITCH (13-3)
1. CC &RBIS, HUGHES’ GYNCAIRN DAWN TO DUSK
2. MOSLEY’S SPAWYCHE ELIZABETHAN JADE Very similar to 1 in make and shape, Just not the finish of 1 but moved and showed well.
3. SHORT’S GLENCHESS BLACK TAFFETTA
MAIDEN BITCH (10-2)
1. PARKER–TUCKER’S UNIQUECOTTAGE DAWN LARK.
2. SLADE’S CROWNEAST ENDLESS LOVE BY CHERRYPIT Very feminine red brindle, lovely head ears and expression, moved and showed well.
3. WHITTAKER’S DALELETTY MOONWILLOW
NOVICE BITCH (10-4)
1. WALL’S SHEARWATER SINEAD Feminine bitch, nice head and expression, nice neck, shoulders, moved & showed well.
2. BUTTERY’S CLOVERBROOK CINDERELLA Similar to 1 on a smaller scale but balanced, showed well.
3. SHEARSMITH’S CLOVERBROOK CRYSTAL CLEAR AT EBORVALE.
GRADUATE BITCH (9-2)
1. CROSBY’S TRIBANNON ANGELINE AT TOLIMAURA Quality cream, lovely head, nice reach of neck, well laid shoulders, straight front, level topline, in good coat, showed with spirit, moved well.
2. WAUGH’S TRIBANNON FIRELITE Similar to 1, well balanced quality bitch in good coat and condition, preferred spirit of 1.
3. DOLAN’S GLENROOD FOREVER MEGAN
POST GRADUATE BITCH (21-10)
1. OSBORN’S TWESLAM ABRACADBRA Quality red brindle, very nice head, expression, good bone, legs and feet, in fit condition, excellent coat, showed well.
2. MOSELEY’S SPAWYCHE ELIZABETHAN ANNA Redndle of quality, very good in profile, good mover, showed well, 1 looked more finished.
3. DOLAN’S GLENROOD MAGIC PIPIT
LIMIT BITCH (8-3)
1. WARD’S VANAJAM VISIONARY Attractive with lots if quality, wheaten brindle, nice reach of neck, layback of shoulders, good outline and bend of stifle, harsh jacket, moved and shoed with spirit, contender for top honours.
2. HUGHES’ GYNCAIRN ULTIMATE JOY Quality bitch, lovely well balanced head, level topline good quarters.
3. CONFUE’S ANJOFRA GULF ECHO
OPEN BITCH (12-5)
1. RCC, SHORT’S GLENCHESS NIGHT OWL Quality bitch, plenty of verve, good head, expression, reach of neck, correct length of back, moved and showed well.
2. MOSLEY’S SPAWYCHE ELIZABETHAN TOPAZ Quality grey brindle, pleasing head which lacked furnishings. Good reach and shoulders, level topline, harsh coat, moved and showed well.
3. PEERS’ TWEEDISLE JENNY’S SMITTEN
SPECIAL BEGINNERS BITCH (9-4)
1. BALL’S CARAMONDIN CARAWAY Extrovert, pleasing head, straight front, good quarters, moved and showed well.
2. SHEARSMITH’S SPICE GIRL AT EBORVALE lovely bitch, nice head, eye and earset, moved well.
3. WOODS’ VANAJAM I’M NO FOOL.